We are an independent, evangelical, charismatic congregation based in The Coton Centre on the north side of Tamworth in the District of Lichfield. We are members of the Evangelical Alliance. The church is also a member of Tamworth Christian Churches and seeks to serve the town collaboratively working together with other churches.
We seek to be a people who;
Enjoy the presence of God
Enjoy the presence of one another
Enjoy taking the presence of God into the community
Our vision is to grow a community of over 1000 believers in Jesus and his teaching. We believe the Bible is the inspired word of God. Our purpose is to usher people into relationship with God and each other. Our heart is to meet the needs of those around us.
The church was started by our former pastor David Shearer and his wife Bobbie over 50 years ago, with a Sunday School in their home. This developed into family services, which took place in the local school. The work grew steadily, always drawing about two thirds of the congregation from Tamworth and the remainder from the surrounding towns and villages. In February 2019, Steve Le Page took on the role of lead pastor following Davids retirement.